Thursday, August 18, 2011

I fought the Oreos and the Oreos won

OK, Yes...I'm doing it (Glares at Beth and Holly).

Yesterday, I began weight loss journey v2.0.  The last time I began Eat to Live, I did it so I could support Holly.  I ended up losing some weight, yes, but as soon as Holly realized she could do E2L easily on her own and "released" me, I went right back to my old eating habits and gained back all I had lost. 

Then, she went to Canada and here I was, left to my own devices.  Naturally, I limited my diet to what came out of a box or frozen and could be heated in a microwave.  I didn't care enough about myself to put extra time into cooking decent food, let alone healthy food, and my gaining weight showed it.  Every Monday after work, I would purchase a package of Oreos and while watching TV, devour the entire package in 2 hours with a large (32 oz) glass of milk.  For weeks I did this, I would think nothing of it. 

I largely avoided the scale during this time.  The week before Holly came home, I decided to see the damage done...I had gained about 15 pounds.  That next Monday, I had my Oreos again...and again finished the entire package.  The turning point for me, though, was how disgusted I was with myself at how I had derived pleasure from gorging myself unnecessarily.

...so there it is, this time the journey is for me...hopefully it'll stick this time.  As for the blog, the intention is to keep up with it.  I doubt it'll be daily, but I'll post my thoughts and actions here from time to time.  Now to throw out my starting point:



Starting Stats
Chest: 46.00
Abdomen: 44.00
Hips: 44.75
Right Thigh: 28.00
Right Arm: 14.75
Neck: 17.00
Weight: 220.0
BMI: 35.5
Body Fat %: 31.4

Things I like about my body now: My legs
Things I'd like to change about my body: My massive belly and chest
My current starting shirt and pant size: XL/40 waist (held under my gut)
My target shirt and pant size: S/M - 32 waist
My starting weight: 227 (heaviest weight, weighed right after I got home from Canada)
My goal weight (and why): 160 - Healthy weight for my size...I may reduce the goal in the future.
Current exercise level: Sedementary
Exercise goal (Minutes/Times per week): 4 times per week - 2 hours per time



No comments:

Post a Comment